Wednesday 10 October 2012

My Make-Up Collection #1 - Concealer, Foundation, Tinted Moisturizer And Powder!

Hey, so today I thought I would start my make-up collection series. Over the next couple of months I plan on showing you my entire make-up collection. From foundation to lip gloss, from eye shadow to blusher, you will see every part of my make-up collection. I just thought I would say, before we start, all my make-up has either been given to me as a present or I have bought it myself. So lets get cracking shall we?




For the first part of my make-up collection I thought I would start with concealer, foundation, tinted moisturizer and powder. 









Concealer. A must have for me and any girl suffering from acne, acne scaring, dark under eye circles and redness. If you asked me to pick my 'make-up must haves' one of them would be concealer (the others would be powder, mascara, white eyeliner and tinted lip balm, in case your wondering). I own 1 depoted concealer (which I can't remember the name of, sorry), 1 stick concealer (Miss Sporty cover stick in shade 2) and the W7 camouflage kit palette (which has 5 concealers in it, all in different skin coloured shades). On a day-to-day basis I use the Miss Sport cover stick the most, only using the camouflage kit and depoted concealer on occasion. I do this because I find the Miss Sporty cover stick takes the least time to apply and is the easiest to use and blend. The W7 palette and the depoted concealer take longer to apply and blend in my opinion. I tend to use the Miss Sporty cover stick on a regular day and add the W7 palette or depoted concealer on days when I feel I need more coverage in certain areas. 








Foundation and tinted moisturizer. Although I would not class these as 2 of my 'make-up must haves', I do think wearing foundation and tinted moisturizer is very important for me.I won't lie and I am not ashamed to admit that I do have acne and acne scaring. Foundation and tinted moisturizer give my whole face a semi-flawless look, where as concealer only gives certain areas of my face a semi-flawless look. No, I don't wear foundation or tinted moisturizer every day that I wear make-up, but the days that I have it on, I will admit, I do feel more confident in my skin and the way it looks. Just knowing that I have on that extra little bit of protection that foundation or tinted moisturizer gives you, makes me feel more confident. I have 2 foundations and 1 tinted moisturizer. My 2 foundations are the 17 Skin Perfecting Shine Free Foundation with SPF 12 in the shade 'Soft Ivory' and the Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation in shade 81 'Tender Ivory'. The tinted moisturizer I own is the Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturising Day Cream in the shade  'Natural'. The 17 and the Bourjois foundations are in, pretty much, my shade but the Nivea Visage tinted moisturizer is a little dark as it only comes in 1 shade. To make the tinted moisturizer lighter I just mix it with my normal, every day moisturizer and this makes it more my shade.  Depending on the weather and how I am feeling that day will depend on whether or not I wear foundation/tinted moisturizer and, if I decide to wear it, what foundation/tinted moisturizer I wear. If my skin is seriously oily that day, I tend to reach for the Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation. If I want medium coverage and I am only a little bit oily, I tend to reach for the 17 Skin Perfecting Shine Free Foundation. If I want light coverage that day and my acne and skin is pretty good, I tend to go for the Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturising Day Cream. 




Powder. As a girl with oily skin, powder is a 'make-up must have' for me. Personally, I am a fan of the matte look because if I try to go for anything else, I end up looking like a oily mess. I only own one powder and that powder is the Collection 2000 Pressed Powder in shade 3 'Translucent'. First of all, its not translucent at all. It has a colour to it no matter what the shade name says. I like this because it is cheap (£1.99), lasts a decent amount time and, basically, does the job. Although I like this product and repurchase it all the time, I would really like to try the Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder. Lots of people seem to really like that powder and, as its fairly cheap, I would like to try it for myself and see if I like it too. As for the Collection 2000 powder, I would say if your looking for a cheap powder, which gives you decent coverage and lasts a decent amount of time, buy this. I would also say to keep in mind that they don't come in a wide range of shades and you might end up getting a shade that is a little bit to dark or light for you. All in all, I like this powder as it is cheap and does what I want it to do but I would like to try different, more expensive powders to see what works the best for me and my skin type.


(The powder is normally pressed but I am clumsy and
dropped it on the floor and it smashed)


So, that is it for the first part of my make-up collection. Please follow my blog if you like/liked any of my posts as I would really like to start making a lot more posts. I hoped you enjoyed this post and I will talk to you all next time.
-Jess<3




No comments:

Post a Comment